NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — A brave 9-year-old boy in the Bronx was talking about a scary ordeal Tuesday.

The boy was riding his bike when a group of teens threatened him with a box cutter and mugged him. CBS2’s Fatima Rahmatullah talked exclusively to the boy.

Police late Tuesday were searching for two teenagers who pulled the box cutter on the boy, Alexis Gonzalez.

“They were trying to take my phone from my pocket, and then I said I don’t got nothing,” he said.

Alexis’ father wanted his son to tell his story on camera. Police said Alexis was riding his bike on Watson and Elder avenues in the Soundview section of the Bronx just after 7 p.m. Sunday, when the teens approached him.

One of them took out the box cutter while the other took Alexis’s cell phone from his pocket.

“They checked my pocket then they take a blade, then they said if they don’t take the phone from me, they will cut me with a blade in my face,” Alexis said.

Bronx resident Trayvia Brantley was disappointed that teenagers would mug a child.

“What’s next? People are getting robbed with their children and now they are robbing children,” Brantley said. “I can’t even stand here — that just made me real emotional. It makes me disgusted.

Neighbor Hakimah Richardson hopes police catch the two thieves.

“That’s sad; that’s ridiculous. Our community was never like this,” she said. “And I hope whoever did that will be caught and held accountable for their actions.”

No arrests have been made. Anyone with information was asked to call the NYPD.

Police said a 54-year-old man on the next block was mugged at knifepoint on the same day, but investigators do not believe the two muggings are related.

Comments (25)
  1. Cazrazylegs says:

Liberal Jock Sniffers from CBS again, hiding the truth, and they think we are stupid.

2. Contra Ventus says:

CBS has supplied a full description of these ‘Armed Robbers’ to help aid in bringing these criminals to justice.

If you have seen ‘two’ teens please call your local NY Police jurisdiction.

Thank you.

1. Cazrazylegs says:

What’s the over-under until CBS deletes your video?

3. Ben Fistener says:

Oh, those pesky Sons of Obama…always perping violent felonies, aren’t they?

4. Charles Riley says:

So they needed a box cutter to rob a 9 year old boy, what a pair of total losers.

5. “Teens”….. LOL. Well ok, if by “teens” you mean pavement apes, it actually makes sense.

6. Gee, no description of the thugs…
    I wonder why?

7. Jonathan says:

Two is a “pair,” not a “group.”

8. Walt Sobchak says:

No doubt the assailants were whitebread redneck racist Trump-supporting crackers from Mississippi with a rebel flag patch on their shoulders and Hillary For Prison T-Shirts.

9. Sailordude says:

This happened to me almost exactly like this kid victim more then once when I grew up as a kid in NYC (Manhattan), that was over 40 years ago. New York City is still a sewer.

1. Sailordude says:

“That’s sad; that’s ridiculous. Our community was never like this” Well it happened to me as a white kid in the 1970’s in NYC, maybe the Hispanics are starting to feel the pain? No white kids left to mug?

10. Richard says:

WE NEED TO BAN ALL BOX CUTTERS! IF IT COULD JUST SAVE ONE LIFE!!!

11. Tony Smith says:

They’re looking for 2 teens, That’s it? No description? Good luck on that. The Civil Rights Acts of 1964 prevents us from finding criminals. Immune from prosecution, they are the new royal class!

12. Y’all know its n1ggers

13. Brad Kaplan says:

“Teens”, yeah right. I bet the kid who got mugged gave a bit more of a description than that! Anyway, funny how the useful-idiots in the media actually think they’re hiding something from us when they use “teens” as the only description in a story like this, but in reality they’re telling us ALL we need to know about the description of the perps.

14. Myke Wro says:

Keep up the good work DeBlasio you worthless socialist and the Democrat party, Both helping to degrade New York and the United States one liberal socialist move at a time

15. Teddy Novak says:

More “teens.” Hmmm. Perhaps a description would help asking for information. More evidence that PC is fatal.zazzle.com/firstprinciples?rf=238518351914519699

16. Russ says:

Thugs again. No photo needed.

17. Neighbor Hakimah Richardson hopes police catch the two thieves.

“That’s sad; that’s ridiculous. Our community was never like this,” she said. ,…
    get used to it, sadly

18. HenryD says:

Happy to help. What do the teens look like. The statistcally standard one?

19. feral packs of wild animals….

20. NYC values the Demonrat Way ass holes !! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!

21. ben mcdill says:

No arrests have been made. Anyone with information was asked to call the NYPD.
    How can this type of incident be stopped when the public is given NO REAL DESCRIPTIONS of these perps other than “teens?”

1. Kevin Lee says:

They’re hoping that someone who doesn’t live by the “snitches get stitches” philosophy will see one of them bragging about it on Facebook and report it to the cops. Good luck with that.

22. Mike Arvand says:

Once again, what’s not told about the story, tells all the story you need to know.