NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police on Wednesday were searching for a suspect who shoplifted cosmetics from Midtown East drugstores in a string of incidents in March and April.
The man is suspected in the following incidents, according to police.READ MORE: Toys 'R' Us Opening Flagship Store Inside American Dream Mall
• Around 12:30 a.m. Tuesday, March 3, the suspect took cosmetics worth $919 from the Duane Reade at 852 Second Ave.;
• Around 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 3, the suspect took cosmetics worth $1,701 from the Duane Reade at 711 Third Ave.;
• Around 7:18 p.m. Tuesday, April 4, the suspect took cosmetics worth $2,238, again from the Duane Reade at 711 Third Ave.;
• Around 6 p.m. Thursday, April 6, the suspect took cosmetics worth $389 from the CVS store at 757 Third Ave.;READ MORE: Student Caught With Gun, Thousands Of Dollars Cash At Brooklyn School
• Around 5:53 p.m. Sunday, April 9, the suspect took $300, also from the CVS at 757 Third Ave.
• Around 5:30 p.m. Sunday, April 23, the suspect took $2,522 worth of cosmetics, once more from the Duane Reade at 711 Third Ave.
The suspect was described as a Hispanic male 20 to 30 years old, standing about 5 feet 7 inches tall with long black hair and a mustache.
MORE NEWS: Kool And The Gang's Robert 'Kool' Bell Using Music To Inspire Kids: 'I Think It's Important To Give Back'
Anyone with information was asked to call the NYPD Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS or (888) 57-PISTA for Spanish, log onto the Crime Stoppers website, or text tips to 274637 (CRIMES) and enter TIP577.