NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Two toddlers were rescued with Narcan injections after ingesting heroin, officials said.
In one case, a father and mother claimed their 18-month-old daughter picked up a plastic bag with a hole in it and put it in her mouth Sunday night and immediately started to go into seizures.READ MORE: R. Kelly Found Guilty Of All Counts In Sex Trafficking, Racketeering Trial
The parents say they don’t know where the heroin came from.
In another case, a 1-year-old girl ingested heroin she found on her dad’s bed.READ MORE: Terence Blanchard Becomes First Black Composer At Metropolitan Opera On Historic Night At Lincoln Center
Her father was arrested.
Both girls were stabilized with Narcan. The 1-year-old girl is in critical condition.MORE NEWS: COVID Vaccine Mandate For New York City Teachers To Take Effect After Federal Appeals Court Lifts Temporary Ban