MASTIC, N.Y. (CBSNewYork/AP) — Police on Long Island say dozens of party goers attending a basement barbecue suffered carbon monoxide poisoning.

Suffolk County Police responded to calls about unconscious people at a Mastic home around 9 p.m. Sunday. Police said they discovered individuals at the family party had been using a charcoal barbecue in the basement of the home.

READ MORE: Funeral Held For NYPD Det. Jason Rivera, 22-Year-Old Killed In Line Of Duty In Harlem

Fourteen people were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning at area hospitals. Eleven other victims were treated at the scene.

READ MORE: TIMELINE: Nor'easter Could Bring More Than A Foot Of Snow To Long Island & Jersey Shore; Up To 8 Inches To NYC

The Brookhaven Fire Marshal issued code violations.

MORE NEWS: Nor'easter Triggers Blizzard Warning In Suffolk County, As New York Braces For Widespread Snowfall

(© Copyright 2018 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)