NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – A technical glitch triggered delays for several airlines Monday.
The delays first popped up in Chicago, New York, Miami and Boston, then spread to Dallas, Atlanta, Detroit and Washington, D.C.
Southwest Airlines issued an international ground stop for about 40 minutes. It was lifted around 7:05 a.m.
American Airlines said the problem was related to AeroData, a company that makes aircraft location and balancing technology.
The glitch has since been fixed, but travelers are advised to check with their airlines before heading out to the airport.
- Links To Specific Airline Websites
- FAA Flight Delay Information
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA) Delays | Airport Website
- John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK) Delays | Airport Website
- Newark Airport (EWR) Delays | Airport Website
- MacArthur Airport Website
- Teterboro Airport Website
- Westchester County Airport Website
- TSA Travel Tips
- CBS News Interactive: U.S. Airport Tracker
Check back with CBSNewYork.com for more on this developing story.