NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – A technical glitch triggered delays for several airlines Monday.
The delays first popped up in Chicago, New York, Miami and Boston, then spread to Dallas, Atlanta, Detroit and Washington, D.C.READ MORE: Long Island Woman Sentenced To 9 Months In Prison For Death Of Anti-Gang Activist Evelyn Rodriguez
Southwest Airlines issued an international ground stop for about 40 minutes. It was lifted around 7:05 a.m.
American Airlines said the problem was related to AeroData, a company that makes aircraft location and balancing technology.
The glitch has since been fixed, but travelers are advised to check with their airlines before heading out to the airport.MORE NEWS: Work Now Underway To Turn Pier 42 Into Public Park
- Links To Specific Airline Websites
- FAA Flight Delay Information
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA) Delays | Airport Website
- John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK) Delays | Airport Website
- Newark Airport (EWR) Delays | Airport Website
- MacArthur Airport Website
- Teterboro Airport Website
- Westchester County Airport Website
- TSA Travel Tips
- CBS News Interactive: U.S. Airport Tracker
Check back with CBSNewYork.com for more on this developing story.