NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Vaccinations for the elderly and homebound seniors in New York City are underway.
A field team of FDNY and medical professionals registered dozens of people and administered the Johnson & Johnson vaccine at the Brighton House in Brighton Beach, Brooklyn, on Friday.READ MORE: Dr. Fauci Expects Decision On Whether To Resume Johnson & Johnson COVID Vaccine By Friday
The one-dose shot doesn’t have the same refrigeration requirements as Moderna and Pfizer’s vaccines, making it easier to provide door-to-door vaccination service.
“I think that this is very marvelous that they’re going to do this in this building,” Brighton Beach resident Rose Bunchik said. “And Johnson & Johnson is very limited vaccine because it just came out.”READ MORE: COVID Vaccine In NYC: New Yorkers Leave Appointment Stress Behind As City-Run Sites Begin Accepting Walk-Ins For Anyone Over Age 50
- New York State book online here or call 1-833-NYS-4-VAX
- New York City book online here or call 877-VAX-4NYC
- Track NYC Vaccinations By Zip Code
- Nassau County more info here
- Suffolk County more info here
- Westchester County more info here
- New Jersey book online here or call 1-855-568-0545
- Connecticut book online here
Initially, the focus is on Brighton Beach and Co-Op City in the Bronx, but the effort will ramp up in just over a week.
The goal is to vaccinate 240 people a day.MORE NEWS: COVID Vaccine In New York: Walk-In Appointments Offered To All New Yorkers Over 50 At City-Run Sites