NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — New York City is now offering COVID vaccines for some tourists.
It’s part of Mayor Bill de Blasio’s plan to lure visitors back to the Big Apple.READ MORE: President Biden Makes Vaccination Push As Concerns Over Delta Variant Increase
Outdoor pop-up sites opened this weekend at popular tourist locations like Brooklyn Bridge Park and Sunset Park in Brooklyn, and at Flushing Meadows Park in Queens.
Now that the mayor has state approval, the sites will be offering the one-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine.READ MORE: New York Scaling Back Mass COVID Vaccination Sites, Adding Pop-Ups At Early Voting Locations
- New York State book online here or call 1-833-NYS-4-VAX
- New York City book online here or call 877-VAX-4NYC
- Track NYC vaccinations by zip code
- Nassau County more info here
- Suffolk County more info here
- Westchester County more info here
- New Jersey book online here or call 1-855-568-0545
- Connecticut book online here
The pop-up sites aren’t just for tourists, however.
Any U.S. resident over the age of 18, including New Yorkers, can go.MORE NEWS: New Jersey Hits COVID Vaccination Milestone 2 Weeks Early
The vaccination sites will also be open Sunday from 1-8 p.m., rain or shine.