NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — If you need a COVID-19 booster shot, you may not need to get the same brand as your first shots.
According to a report in the New York Times, the Food and Drug Administration is planning to allow Americans to get a different vaccine as a booster than the one they originally received.
- New York State book online here or call 1-833-NYS-4-VAX
- New York City book online here or call 877-VAX-4NYC
- Track NYC vaccinations by zip code
- Nassau County more info here
- Suffolk County more info here
- Westchester County more info here
- New Jersey book online here or call 1-855-568-0545
- Connecticut book online here
Sources told the times, the government would not recommend one shot over another, and it may point out that using the same vaccine as a booster when possible is preferred.
The move could be made as early as Wednesday.