Nothing is more disappointing than eating a sad salad because you’re “trying to be healthy.”
That’s where NewTrition City comes in – it’s all about finding those healthy but delicious dishes that New York restaurants are serving up. Many people now have diet restrictions or are looking to be more health-conscious in general.
Whether it’s low carb, vegan, gluten-free or more, NewTrition City is on a mission to show you can eat out and still meet your nutrition goals.
Workout done? Time to refuel! Sports Dietitian Heather Mangieri of the American Dairy Association joins Gaby to explore great options throughout New York City.
* Tribeca’s Kitchen: 200 Church St, New York, NY 10013
* Ideal Cheese Shop: 942 1st Avenue, New York, NY 10022
* Chobani Cafe: 152 Prince St, New York, NY 10012
Where to find the lower carb regular rice substitute – but still feel like you’re eating the real deal!
* Bondi Sushi: 6 W 28th St, New York, NY 10001
* Inday: 1133 Broadway, New York, NY 10010
* Springbone Kitchen: 90 W 3rd St, New York, NY 10012
New York City is serving up everyone’s favorite comfort foods, without the gluten or the guilt – where to find them!
* Nizza: 630 9th Ave, New York, NY 10036
* NoodleLove: 192 Mott St, New York, NY 10012
* Hu Kitchen: 78 5th Ave, New York, NY 10011
The best meal of the day just got better, AND better for you!
* Root & Bone: 200 E. 3rd St, New York, NY 10009
* Bluestone Lane: 1085 Fifth Ave, New York, NY 10128
* Mémé Mediterranean: 607 10th Ave, New York, NY 10036
About Your Host
Gaby Margolies is a Type 1 Diabetic living in New York City, who’s always had a mild obsession with nutrition. She’s passionate about showing that eating healthy is easier and more delicious than most people think. Nothing excites Gaby more than finding new foods, restaurants, and recipes that fit into her health goals, and she loves sharing those discoveries with anyone and everyone!
More Topics From CBSNewYork.com