On WFAN: NJ Gov. Chris Christie Talks Sports, Politics During Co-Hosting Gig

NEW YORK (WFAN) — Gov. Chris Christie, an avid sports fan otherwise known as Boomer & Carton caller “Chris from Mendham,” sat alongside WFAN’s Craig Carton on Friday morning.

“It’s great to be here,” the 48-year-old governor said shortly after 6 a.m. “We’re going to have a good time today.”

Christie was eager to show his stuff. After going head-to-head with update man Jerry Recco, the governor gave his candid thoughts on Jose Reyes’ future and Derek Jeter’s contract.

Aside from the local sports scene, Gov. Christie reiterated his distaste for MTV’s “Jersey Shore,” and clued listeners in on exactly where he was when learning of Osama bin Laden’s death.

The governor was attending Mets-Phillies on Sunday when he said Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano called. He received the news about 90 minutes before President Barack Obama publicly announced bin Laden’s demise and roars of “U-S-A! U-S-A!” began ringing throughout Citizens Bank Park.

Carton also managed to squeeze in some political talk, asking the governor straight up if he’d consider a run for President.

“No,” said Christie. “I think I have enough on my plate in New Jersey to even think about that.”

For now, Gov. Christie is happy to stay in Trenton.

“I love the job, it’s a great job,” he said.

Christie, a die-hard Mets fan, was eager to get back to sports talk.

“What are you, “ he asked Carton, “Mike Wallace?”

Check out all the governor goodness from “Bobby the Blogmeister”:

B&C Morning Show: Welcome To The Carton & Christie Show

B&C Morning Show: Jerry Gets Mouthy With Gov. Christie

B&C Morning Show: Al ‘Hughes’ Dukes’ Mother’s Day Tips

B&C Morning Show: Gov. Christie’s Staff Disappears, Guys Talk Reyes’ Future

B&C Morning Show: Oh Yeah! Gov. Christie Talks Candidly About ‘Jersey Shore’

B&C Morning Show: George Foster Talks ’86 Mets With Carton & Christie

B&C Morning Show: Podcast, Moment Of The Day And Derby Picks

What did you think of Gov. Christie’s cameo? Let us know in the comments below…

More from Boomer & Carton
Comments

1. Andy says:

I am a big fan of this show, but agree that someone as polarizing as Christie does not have the right to be given this forum. I am a teacher and am disgusted by the ignorant things he says about the profession, but I do appreciate a politician speaking his mind. However, he has no place on a sports talk show.

2. Dominick Mezzapesa says:

Here is what i love about the Unions. Before the crash of 2007, my father in law retired, after being a union man for 50 years, he was supposed to get a certain amount from the pension he paid into when he worked as a CPA.

The crash happened and OMG he gets a letter saying due to the recession, his pension was cut in half. NOW 2011 the stock market is way up and YUP! you guessed it his pension is STILL cut in half.

I am in favor of the Unions, but when they cry about how bad politicians are, they should look in the mirror first.

3. Dominick Mezzapesa says:

Look at all the Union hacks getting on this comment board whining “I will never listen to WFAN again” it’s funny how a bunch of morons get on here and start crying. Grow up people OMG the world is doomed because Carton had the Governor on.

4. Keith says:

I was very disappointed on my way home from a long night at work to find that Craig chose to have a dead beat politician as his co-host. Craig do you realize that this guy is a political hack for the corporate elite and billionaires who want to widen the gap between themselves and the middle class in this country? Craig are you that out of touch with your listeners? Boomer please come back and straighten him out. Christie is bad for New Jersey and bad for America. Hey I pay my bills, how about Christie steps up and pays his pension bills. Oh that’s right, he doesn’t care about the past.

1. Dominick Mezzapesa says:

Funny when the Union sent a letter to my father in law saying after paying 50 years into a pension they had to cut it in 1/2 due to the recession, BUT 5 years later the stock market is through the roof, and my father in law is STILL waiting for the letter that says, since everything is all right with our investments, we will go back to honoring what we said we will pay you.

You wrote “Oh that’s right, he doesn’t care about the past.” Take away “He” and Insert “Unions” and you’ll be 100% correct.

Unions are as bad as any politician, you both play the game and the only ones that lose if the regular working people.

5. Nick says:

why was this union-busting neocon cohosting a sports show? whats next, sarah palin?

6. Rob Alvarez says:

7. Rob Alvarez says:

After today I will go back to 1050 and never put on 660 again because in the morning I want to hear about light issues like sports and I don’t want to think about a fat pig who literally attacked my profession, has raised my property taxes by not providing municipal aide, is more worried about his political aspirations than NJ, AND MOST OF ALL HAS NO PLAN FOR THE FUTURE EXCEPT TO CUT CUT CUT. I guess 660 is only worried about the rich and the ignorant because that is his base of support

8. Joe Lake says:

Looks like Brokenhearted,Mike and Charley are the same person. Or both Union Hacks that are content to see the state of New Jersey stay in the gutter…

9. PointyMoob Luvr says:

Please put the Gov on as many times as he is willing to show up! Hopefully when he is President around 2016 or so he will still at least call in.

10. crazy says:

why would you have someone like this on your show??? can not wait to vote this guy out, he will be a 1 term gov.

11. Moob Luvr says:

Nice moobs, craig.

12. GreenPondBrew says:

Great show Craig it will be great When Gov Christie is the next President Great job Chris.. NJ love’s you

1. Ruben Padilla says:

I guess you are speaking for yourself when say NJ loves you. I don’t think so….

13. Brokenhearted says:

I must also say that I am incredibly dissappointed with your decision to have this person on your show. I will never listen to your show again and I will not support any of your endevors.

14. Tony says:

Craig Carton is the best, he can make any show good.

15. Charley says:

A lifetime NJ resident, I am offended that he roots for the Rangers and Knicks. It is apathy like that that caused us to lose the Nets. Also, the constant vilification of our building in the Meadowlands by the New York press, including ALL the FAN hosts, while they all appeared there for extra money.

1. Dominick Mezzapesa says:

Hold it!! You stole the Nets from Long island! So basically your saying Christie caused us to lose our stolen property, a team that we worked hard to steal from someone else?

16. Mike says:

Please NEVER put him on again or you will lose me as a listener

17. Jason says:

Just want let you know that I will never be listening to your show again. Why you would have such a polarizing political figure as a co-host is beyond me.
    I can listen to Rush or Schultz if I want to listen to politicians..

Comments are closed.