FBI Joins Investigation In Disappearance Of Isabella OleschukBy Lou Young

ORANGE, Conn. (CBSNewYork) — Where is she?

On Tuesday night the FBI got involved in the desperate search for a hearing impaired teenager.

Isabella Oleschuk, 13, hasn’t been seen since Sunday, reports CBS 2’s Lou Young.

Firefighters from all along the Housatonic Valley fanned out for a grim search through the barren woods near Orange on Tuesday.

MORE ODD NEWS: Phys Ed Fiasco: Principal Forgets To Schedule Gym, Chaos Ensues | Live Chicken Prank Lands 3 N.J. Students In The CoopWhite Students’ Racist Rap Video Stuns Brooklyn Community | Woman Beaten Into Coma In Apparent Case Of ‘Parking Space Rage’ | Controversial Anti-Abortion Billboard In SoHo Removed

Oleschuk has been missing since being last seen at her family’s modest home on Saturday night, an inexplicable disappearance that has now attracted the government’s attention.

The family’s minister said the parents are beside themselves.

“They’re rattled as we all would be feeling powerless and helpless. Not sure what steps to take, what to hope for,” Rev. Lee Ireland said.

A man presumed to be Isabella’s father — an Orange firefighter — shied away from CBS 2’s camera on Monday afternoon. Sources told Young the girl routinely fed chickens in a backyard coop every morning. The family said the chickens had been fed Sunday when they woke up.

So the assumption is that Isabella got up, got dressed, fed the chickens and then vanished. The question is did she leave on her own or did someone grab her?

“We’ve brought every resource we can to this investigation. We’re working closely with Connecticut police and the FBI. I can tell you we’ve brought in dogs, canine teams, searchers. We brought in aircraft; an FBI helicopter as well as a fixed-wing aircraft,” Chief Robert Gagne said.

Police have dragged a pond, and pulled surveillance video from false sightings in neighboring towns. So far, there have been no clues. At the middle school Isabella attends, friends are preoccupied with what happened to her.

“Her homeroom class was always talking and then the day she wasn’t there everyone looked at her seat and everyone was dead silent and heard it was really sad. We miss her. I want her to come back safely,” friend Lydia Cooper said.

Police had reports of sightings in both Orange and Fairfield, but both turned out to be false alarms.

Please offer your thoughts in the comments section below.