NUTLEY, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — A New Jersey woman said she felt vindicated Tuesday night, after a grand jury decided not to indict her for allegedly letting her young daughter into a tanning booth.
As CBS 2’s Derricke Dennis reported, Acting Essex County Prosecutor Carolyn Murray announced Tuesday that a grand jury let Patricia Krentcil, the so-called “Tanning Mom,” off the hook.READ MORE: Manhattan, Brooklyn Residents Sue City To Stop Permanent Outdoor Dining
Krentcil, 44, said while she is satisfied with the outcome, she is still hurt.
“What this world did, this past year, made a mockery of me, and I don’t appreciate that,” she said.
She and her husband stood on the steps of their home in Nutley on Tuesday, hours after the grand jury’s decision.
Last year, with a much deeper tan, she was accused of tanning her then-5-year-old daughter, Anna. She denied the claim.