NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — SantaCon will not be coming to Bushwick, Brooklyn next month as originally planned, published reports said Wednesday.

An organizer for the annual festival told AM New York there had been interest from several bars in the neighborhood, but SantaCon decided Bushwick did not have the capacity to support the festival.

READ MORE: Man Slashed In Head Inside Times Square Subway Station

Bushwick had been one of six neighborhoods considered for the festival, the organizer told the newspaper. The other neighborhoods were not disclosed.

The festival involves revelers in Santa suits attending a daytime bar crawl between 10 a.m. and 2 a.m. In recent years, it has been held in the East Village.

Bushwick bar owners told the Bushwick Daily that they received an email saying SantaCon would be coming to the neighborhood and was trying to get bars to agree to participate.

Several Bushwick restaurants and bars said they would not allow SantaCon revelers into their establishments, according to published reports.

READ MORE: Caught On Camera: Innocent Children Caught In Middle Of Brazen Shooting In The Bronx

SantaCon has been criticized by some for being too rowdy for several years.

Last year, an incident made the news involving Santas throwing punches at each other at Third Avenue between 16th and 17th streets.

You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:

[display-posts category=”news” wrapper=”ul” posts_per_page=”4″]

MORE NEWS: 'I Hope This Is The Beginning Of Something': Hundreds Flock To Harlem For Juneteenth Block Party

(TM and © Copyright 2013 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)