NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — New York City beaches open for swimming Wednesday.
Lifeguards will be on duty, with masks and social distancing rules in place.READ MORE: Who Is Cuomo's Possible Successor, Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul?
Additionally, 15 of the city’s 53 pools are slated open by Aug. 1.READ MORE: Third Accuser Reportedly Comes Forward, Says Gov. Cuomo Acted Inappropriately At 2019 Wedding
That includes pools in all five boroughs:
- Bronx: Crotona, Mullaly, Haffen
- Brooklyn: Sunset, Betsy Head, K-Pool
- Manhattan: Hamilton Fish, Jackie Robinson, Wagner, Marcus Garvey
- Queens: Astoria, Liberty, Fisher
- Staten Island: Lyons, Tottenville
The opening was delayed due to the coronavirus pandemic and the city’s budget crisis.MORE NEWS: COVID 1 Year: CBS2 Speaks To Mount Sinai Doctor Who Diagnosed First Case In New York City
The Parks Department said Mayor Bill de Blasio agreed to restore money to hire lifeguards.