Suffolk Police Nab Five Men Suspected Of Burglarizing Several Businesses
YAPHANK, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) – Suffolk County Police announced the arrest of five men accused of knocking over several businesses.
The crew has allegedly been busy. Some or all of them allegedly struck seven times.
Some of them were picked up after allegedly robbing a pharmacy in Bay Shore Tuesday night. Police say four women were trying to shut the Health Mart Pharmacy on Candlewood Road around 9 p.m. That’s when police say three armed men wearing masks stormed into the place. They allegedly tied up the employees and robbed the shop, taking a hefty amount of cash. They also robbed the employees of their cell phones and jewelry. They didn’t steal any drugs.
The arrested include Edwin Acosta-Martinez, 23, of Huntington Station. He’s charged with six counts of Robbery 1st Degree. Also charged are
- Carlos Velasquez, 17, of Bay Shore, charged with six counts of Robbery 1st Degree, three counts of Criminal Possession of a Weapon 4th Degree and Criminal Possession of a Weapon 3rd Degree
- Wilmer Velasquez-Cruz, 27, of Brentwood, five counts Robbery 1st Degree
- Mario Chincilla Rodriguez, 23, of Huntington Station, three counts of Robbery 1st Degree
- Jonathan Portillo, 16, of Brentwood, three counts of Robbery 1st Degree.
- Portillo was not involved in the Health Mart Pharmacy robbery.
Police are still looking for more information about the robberies. Anyone with any information is asked to call Third Squad detectives at 631-854-8352. You can also call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls are kept confidential.