The workers are protesting the company’s decision to keep the warehouse open even after someone tested positive for coronavirus last week.
The employees say up to six other cases have also been confirmed. They want the building closed and sanitized.
- Resources, Hotlines, Unemployment & Covering Bills
- Remote Learning Tools For Parents Teaching At Home
- Ask Dr. Max Your Health Questions
- How To Avoid Psychological Isolation
- Talking To Your Kids About Anxiety
- Make Your Own Hand Sanitizer
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
Meanwhile, some Instacart workers say their planned strike is still on for today.
The company hires people to shop for groceries.
CORONAVIRUS: NY Health Dept. | NY Call 1-(888)-364-3065 | NYC Health Dept. | NYC Call 311, Text COVID to 692692 | NJ COVID-19 Info Hub | NJ Call 1-(800)-222-1222 or 211, Text NJCOVID to 898211 | CT Health Dept. | CT Call 211 | Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
On Sunday, it said it would make hand sanitizer available to its shoppers and make it easier for customers to add tips.
However, employees have additional demands, like disinfectant wipes and sprays, tips of at least 10% per order and hazard pay.