NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – The coronavirus pandemic continues to spread throughout the Tri-State Area, with new cases and restrictions announced each day.
Lawmakers have launched special websites and hotlines to keep the public up to date.
WAYS TO COPE DURING THE OUTBREAK
KEEPING UP YOUR OWN WELL-BEING
- How To Talk To Children About The Outbreak
- Tips On How To Avoid Going Stir Crazy In Isolation
- Tips To Avoid Isolation During Time Of Social Distancing
- Tips On How To Eat Well During Coronavirus Quarantine
- Tips On Growing ‘Victory Gardens’ For Food And Stress Relief
- Tips To Help Fall Asleep Better At Night
- Doctors’ Top Health Tips For Working At Home
- Tips To Stay Safe While Grocery Shopping
- How To Make And Donate Do-It-Yourself Facial Masks
- How To Safely Remove Disposable Gloves
MENTAL HEALTH & SOBRIETY RESOURCES
TOP THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS
- Is it safe to go to the laundromat?
- If you get and recover from coronavirus, can you get it again?
- What’s the story about coronavirus mutating into new strains?
- How effective is high doses of vitamin C to avoid catching coronavirus?
- Which over-the-counter medicines are safe to take if you are infected?
- More ASK DR. MAX Q&A
OFFICIAL SITES AND HOTLINES BY REGION
- New York State book online here or call 1-833-NYS-4-VAX
- New York City book online here or call 877-VAX-4NYC
- Track NYC vaccinations by zip code
- Nassau County more info here
- Suffolk County more info here
- Westchester County more info here
- New Jersey book online here or call 1-855-568-0545
- Connecticut book online here
NEW YORK STATEWIDE: Official coronavirus website or call 1-(888)-364-3065.
- New York State Dept. Of Health COVID-19 Tracker Map
- New York City: Official coronavirus website or call 311, or text “COVID” to 692-692
- Westchester County: Official coronavirus website or call 211 for general information, or 1-(866)-588-0195 if you are under self-quarantine or were exposed to a known case
- Nassau County: Official coronavirus website and map of confirmed cases or call 1-(516)-227-9570, or text “COVID19NC” to 888777
- Suffolk County: Official coronavirus website or text “COVIDSUFFOLK” to 67283
NEW JERSEY STATEWIDE: Official coronavirus website or call 211 for general information, or 1-(800)-962-1253 for clinical questions, “NJCOVID” to 898-211.
- NJ.gov New Jersey COVID-19 Dashboard
- New Jersey Pandemic Relief Fund (non-governmental grant organization)
- NJ.gov Renters And Landlord Information
- Bergen County: Official coronavirus website or call 1-(201)-225-7000, or 1-(201)-785-8505 after hours and weekends
CONNECTICUT STATEWIDE: Official coronavirus website or call 211.
NATIONAL RESOURCE GUIDES
- Centers For Disease Control And Prevention COVID-19 Information
- Coronavirus.gov Federal Resource Site
- John Hopkins University & Medicine Coronavirus Resource Center
- John Hopkins University COVID-19 Interactive Map
READ MORE: Public School 79 In East Harlem To Remain Closed Due To COVID-19 Cluster; Remote Learning In Place Until Sept. 28
BUSINESS AND INCOME TOPICS
DID YOU LOSE YOUR JOB AMID THE OUTBREAK?
- New York: Filing An Unemployment Claim
- New York City: Help With Energy Bills
- New Jersey: Filing An Unemployment Claim
- New Jersey: Jobs Portal To Find New Work
- Connecticut: Filing An Unemployment Claim
ARE YOU WORKING BUT NEED TO TAKE PAID SICK LEAVE?
- New York: If You Are Quarantined Yourself
- New York: If Your Minor Dependent Child is Quarantined
- New York: If You Need Time To Take Care Of Family Members
- New Jersey: All Cases
- Connecticut: All Cases
WHAT IF YOU OWN A SMALL BUSINESS AND NEED HELP?
- U.S. Small Business Administration Guidance & Loan Resources
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program
- NYC Employee Retention Grant Program
- New York City Small Business Continuity Fund Survey
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program
WHAT IF I’M BEHIND ON PAYMENTS OR CANNOT COVER MY STUDENT LOAN? Contact your federal student load provider’s online or by phone.
- CornerStone: See website or call 1-800-663-1662
- FedLoan Servicing (PHEAA): See website or call 1-800-699-2908
- Granite State — GSMR: See website or call 1-888-556-0022
- Great Lakes Educational Loan Services, Inc.: See website or call 1-800-236-4300
- HESC/Edfinancial: See website or call 1-855-337-6884
- MOHELA: See website or call 1-888-866-4352
- Navient: See website or call 1-800-722-1300
- Nelnet: See website or call 1-888-486-4722
- OSLA Servicing: See website or call 1-866-264-9762
- ECSI: See website or call 1-866-313-3793
FOOD AND SAFETY TOPICS
ARE YOU RUNNING OUT OF FOOD?
- Free food for New York City residents via NYC.gov/GetFood
- Food Banks Across New York State
- Food Banks In New York City
- Food Banks On Long Island
- Food Banks In New Jersey
- Food Banks In Connecticut
- Applying for SNAP Assistance in New York
- Applying for SNAP Assistance in New Jersey
- Applying for SNAP Assistance in Connecticut
WHAT IF I HAVE LEGAL ISSUES RIGHT NOW?
- NYC Legal Aid Society (status of criminal, family, housing, immigration and civil court access)
- Legal Services of New Jersey (status of court access, finding help)
- Connecticut Network for Legal Aid (status of court access, finding help)
ARE YOU OR SOMEONE CLOSE TO YOU SUFFERING FROM DOMESTIC VIOLENCE?
- New York State And NYC Domestic Violence Hotlines And Shelters
- New Jersey Domestic Violence Hotlines And Shelters
- Connecticut Domestic Violence Hotlines And Shelters
WHAT IF I WOULD LIKE TO VOLUNTEER OR DONATE SUPPORT?
- NYC Health + Hospitals COVID-19 Relief Efforts
- PPE or other equipment or goods to donate in NYC, call 1-833-NYC-0040
- New York Cares
- EMS FDNY Help Fund
MORE NEWS: NYC Restaurant Owners Sound Off On Vaccine Mandate
DISTANCE LEARNING AND HOME TEACHING