NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — New data shows just five states make up 43% of new COVID cases across the country over the last week.
According to Johns Hopkins University, those states are New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Florida.READ MORE: 'I'm Very Cautious:' Harlem Community Responds To Adams' Plan To Restore Anti-Crime Unit
Altogether, the university reported more than 197,000 cases.READ MORE: NYPD Officer Wilbert Mora Remains Hospitalized After Harlem Shooting; Sources Say Suspect Had Multiple Guns Hidden Under Mattress
- Ask CBS2’s Dr. Max Your Vaccine Questions
- COVID Vaccine FAQ From CDC
- Vaccination Sites In New York City | Call 877-VAX-4NYC
- Track NYC Vaccinations By Zip Code
- Find A New York City Testing Site Near You
- Check NYC Testing Wait Times
- Resources: Help With Unemployment, Hunger, Mental Health & More
- Remote Learning Tools For Students And Parents At Home
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
New Jersey’s positivity rate over the past week was 8.78%, while New York’s was 3.57%, according to Johns Hopkins University’s coronavirus resource center.MORE NEWS: Police: Woman Attacked By Would-Be Rapist Inside Queens Elevator
New York reported over 53,000 new cases in the past week, and New Jersey reported nearly 28,600.