NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — In promising news on the road to reopening, both New York City and State are reporting their lowest COVID positivity rates since testing began last year.
Mayor Bill de Blasio said it’s a milestone every New Yorker should be proud of.READ MORE: Every NYC Resident Now Eligible For In-Home COVID Vaccine, De Blasio Says
“This is a testament to the willpower of New Yorkers, fighting through this crisis, doing the right things to keep each other safe,” he said.
CORONAVIRUS PANDEMICREAD MORE: Fear Of Needles Stopping You From Getting A COVID Vaccine? Meet Buzzy, A Device To Help Overcome Needle-Phobia
- Ask CBS2’s Dr. Max Your Vaccine Questions
- COVID Vaccine FAQ From CDC
- Vaccination Sites In New York City | Call 877-VAX-4NYC
- Track NYC Vaccinations By Zip Code
- Find A New York City Testing Site Near You
- Check NYC Testing Wait Times
- Resources: Help With Unemployment, Hunger, Mental Health & More
- Remote Learning Tools For Students And Parents At Home
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
On Tuesday, New York City reported zero COVID deaths for the first time in nearly eight months, and only a total of seven in the past week. The average COVID positivity level over the last seven days has also dipped to 0.83%.
“Let’s keep going, because that’s what we do. We get something done, and then we go ever farther,” said de Blasio. “Let’s drive COVID out of New York City once and for all.”
The mayor’s announcement came the same day Gov. Andrew Cuomo reported a new record low for the state. The seven-day average dropped to 0.65%, marking 57 straight days of decline.MORE NEWS: Rockland County Hosting COVID Vaccine Clinic At Ballpark In Effort To Reach 70% Vaccination Goal
- New York State book online here or call 1-833-NYS-4-VAX
- New York City book online here or call 877-VAX-4NYC
- Track NYC vaccinations by zip code
- Nassau County more info here
- Suffolk County more info here
- Westchester County more info here
- New Jersey book online here or call 1-855-568-0545
- Connecticut book online here