NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Officials say actor Michael K. Williams died of an accidental overdose.
The medical examiner determined the cause of death was acute intoxication from a deadly mix of fentanyl, p-fluorofentanyl, heroin and cocaine.READ MORE: Overnight Gun Violence: 3 Men Shot In Queens, Innocent Woman Shot In Brooklyn, NYPD Says
Williams had previously spoken about his struggles with addiction.READ MORE: Suffolk Police: Ganessa Gordon, 18, Reported Missing In Brentwood
He was found dead earlier this month in his Brooklyn apartment.MORE NEWS: 'Best Small Cities In America': New Jersey Communities Make Top 25
News of his sudden passing sparked an outpouring of tributes from loved ones, fans, and friends in the entertainment world, including at last week’s Emmy Awards.