Cordero is hospitalized at Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles, where his leg was amputated due to COVID-19 complications.READ MORE: Reopenings Continue On Broadway As 'Moulin Rouge! The Musical' Resumes Performances
He’s been on a ventilator for a month and his lungs are severely damaged.
- Resources, Hotlines, Unemployment & Covering Bills
- Remote Learning Tools For Parents Teaching At Home
- Ask Dr. Max Your Health Questions
- How Make Your Own DIY Face Mask
- How To Safely Remove Disposable Gloves
- Tips For Parents To Help Kids Cope
- Chopper 2 Over Empty NYC Streets, Landmarks
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
Cordero was a Tony nominee for “Bullets Over Broadway” and was last on Broadway in the musical adaptation of “A Bronx Tale.”READ MORE: Democratic Mayoral Candidate Eric Adams Unveils Plan To Protect New Yorkers From Flooding, Climate Change Threats
His wife, Broadway dancer Amanda Kloots, told CBS This Morning’s Gayle King that she didn’t get a chance to kiss her husband the last time she saw him.
“I dropped him off, and, this is one of the saddest parts, I, you know, we thought I would see him in two hours,” Kloots said.
Kloots is hopeful her husband will wake up.MORE NEWS: Hempstead's Effort To Revitalize Downtown, Transit Hub Starts With Community Policing Unit On Mountain Bikes
A social media campaign was launched to show support.