TRENTON, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — The New Jersey Department of Corrections will begin using an FDA-approved saliva test to test its workers and inmates.
The test was developed by Rutgers University.
- Resources, Hotlines, Unemployment & Covering Bills
- Remote Learning Tools For Parents Teaching At Home
- Ask Dr. Max Your Health Questions
- How Make Your Own DIY Face Mask
- How To Safely Remove Disposable Gloves
- Tips For Parents To Help Kids Cope
- Chopper 2 Over Empty NYC Streets, Landmarks
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
Testing will begin next week. The test will be administered to nearly 8,000 workers and 18,000 inmates.
The department will also provide temporary housing in hotels to staff members who are exposed to COVID-19 to minimize the risk of spreading the virus.