TRENTON, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — New Jersey is opening two new plasma donation sites on Monday, officials said Sunday.
One will be at the Red Cross Blood Center in Fairfield and the other at University Hospital in Newark.
- Resources, Hotlines, Unemployment & Covering Bills
- Remote Learning Tools For Parents Teaching At Home
- Ask Dr. Max Your Health Questions
- How Make Your Own DIY Face Mask
- How To Safely Remove Disposable Gloves
- Tips For Parents To Help Kids Cope
- Chopper 2 Over Empty NYC Streets, Landmarks
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
If you’ve recovered from COVID-19 your blood plasma could help save lives because of the antibodies it contains. Doctors use the plasma to treat patients who are severely ill with the virus.
Some hospitals in the state have already started using the therapy.