NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – New York City is poised to begin Phase One reopening on June 8, and that over the course of the next week there will be an intense focus on zip codes in the city that remain hot spots.
“We have to do work to do still, but we’ll get it done by June 8,” he said. “We’re going to be focusing this next week on the hospital system.”
Cuomo said there are 10 hot spots that are generating new cases. They are in zip codes in the Bronx, Brooklyn and Queens: 10457, 10460, 10468, 11226, 11427, 10456, 11212, 11206, 10452 and 10369.
- Resources, Hotlines, Unemployment & Covering Bills
- Remote Learning Tools For Parents Teaching At Home
- Ask Dr. Max Your Health Questions
- How Make Your Own DIY Face Mask
- How To Safely Remove Disposable Gloves
- Tips For Parents To Help Kids Cope
- Chopper 2 Over Empty NYC Streets, Landmarks
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
Some of those zip codes have an over 50% infection rate, the governor said.
“We’re going to be adding more testing sites in these areas. We need people to come out. Get tested, find out who has the virus, who has the antibodies, who is possibly contagious,” Cuomo said. “We’re going to do more PPE, more hand sanitizer, more education, more communication about how important these things are.”
CORONAVIRUS: NY Health Dept. | NY Call 1-(888)-364-3065 | NYC Health Dept. | NYC Call 311, Text COVID to 692692 | NJ COVID-19 Info Hub | NJ Call 1-(800)-222-1222 or 211, Text NJCOVID to 898211 | CT Health Dept. | CT Call 211 | Centers for Disease Control and Prevention