NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — There was a powerful moment Friday at a Long Island hospital after a man’s long fight against the coronavirus.
Doctors and nurses cheered as Hafeez Rehman left the Long Island Jewish Medical Center after 108 days.READ MORE: Roads Flood, Rivers Overflow As Nor'easter Dumps Heavy Rain During Morning Commute In New Jersey
The hospital says it was the longest stay of any COVID patient.
- Resources, Hotlines, Unemployment & Covering Bills
- Remote Learning Tools For Parents Teaching At Home
- Ask Dr. Max Your Health Questions
- How Make Your Own DIY Face Mask
- How To Safely Remove Disposable Gloves
- Tips For Parents To Help Kids Cope
- Chopper 2 Over Empty NYC Streets, Landmarks
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
Rehman, who is 41 years old, had to be intubated three times.MORE NEWS: Long Island Preparing For Potential Flooding, Power Outages As Winds Pick Up
He’ll now spend some time at a rehab center before going home.