NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — The coronavirus continues to take a toll around the Tri-State Area.
In New York state, there are close to 11,000 new positive cases and 122 new reported deaths.
In the city, more than 3,200 new cases have been reported along with 35 more deaths.
Today's #COVID19 indicators:
• 180 new hospitalizations
• 3,203 new cases
• 6.78% positivity rate (7-day avg.)
Don’t let up this weekend. Avoid holiday travel and social gatherings. Practice social distancing. Wear a mask.
— Mayor Bill de Blasio (@NYCMayor) December 26, 2020
The city’s seven-day average positivity rate is 6.78%. The mayor says nearly 52,000 people in the city have been vaccinated.
- Ask CBS2’s Dr. Max Your Vaccine Questions
- COVID Vaccine FAQ From CDC
- Find A New York City Testing Site Near You
- Check NYC Testing Wait Times
- Explanation Of N.Y.’s Yellow, Orange, Red Zones (.pdf)
- Resources: Help With Unemployment, Hunger, Mental Health & More
- Remote Learning Tools For Students And Parents At Home
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
New Jersey is reporting 4,000 new positive cases and 19 new confirmed deaths.
NEW JERSEY #COVID19 UPDATE:
➡️ 4,000 new positive cases
➡️ 458,901 cumulative total cases
➡️ 19 new confirmed deaths
➡️ 16,668 total confirmed deaths
➡️ 1,945 total probable deaths
— Governor Phil Murphy (@GovMurphy) December 26, 2020
In Connecticut, as of its last update, the state had a 5.43% positivity rate.
MORE FROM CBS NEW YORK