“If we are going to maintain the progress we’ve seen, we need everyone to take responsibility,” said Cuomo in a statement.
The governor’s office described high-risk states as having positive test rates higher than 10 per 100,000 residents, or higher than a 10% positive test rate over a seven-day rolling average.
- Resources, Hotlines, Unemployment & Covering Bills
- Remote Learning Tools For Parents Teaching At Home
- Ask Dr. Max Your Health Questions
- How Make Your Own DIY Face Mask
- How To Safely Remove Disposable Gloves
- Tips For Parents To Help Kids Cope
- Chopper 2 Over Empty NYC Streets, Landmarks
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
The executive order only applies to non-essential travel.
The order does not apply to employees traveling for work or at their employer’s request.
Cuomo’s office made the announcement after revealing the state health department is investigating a potential coronavirus outbreak in Westchester County.
A student tested positive for COVID-19 after returning from Florida and attending a parking lot graduation ceremony in Chappaqua.
CORONAVIRUS: NY Health Dept. | NY Call 1-(888)-364-3065 | NYC Health Dept. | NYC Call 311, Text COVID to 692692 | NJ COVID-19 Info Hub | NJ Call 1-(800)-222-1222 or 211, Text NJCOVID to 898211 | CT Health Dept. | CT Call 211 | Centers for Disease Control and Prevention