UNION, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — More local families are facing food insecurity because of the pandemic.
Hundreds of cars lined up to receive free food in Union on Thursday morning.
They handed out five tons of fresh local produce and emergency non-perishable items to families in need.
- What To Do If Someone Isn’t Social Distancing Or Wearing A Mask?
- Expert: Parents Be Mindful Of Children’s Stress After Months Of Isolation
- CBS2’s Dr. Max Answers Your Health Questions
- Chopper 2 Over Empty NYC Streets, Landmarks
- Resources, Hotlines, Unemployment & Covering Bills
- Remote Learning Tools For Parents Teaching At Home
- How To Safely Remove Disposable Gloves
- How Make Your Own Face Covering
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
Feeding America says there’s a 56% increase in food insecurity throughout New Jersey as a result of the pandemic.