NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – There’s some progress in the race for a coronavirus vaccine.
It will be the first COVID vaccine trial to include children in the United States.
The vaccine research center at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital says participants aged 16-17 will get doses this week.
Children between the ages of 12-15 will be enrolled at a later date. ‘
- Tri-State Coronavirus Travel Advisory Quarantine List
- Resources, Hotlines, Unemployment & Covering Bills
- Remote Learning Tools For Parents Teaching At Home
- CBS2’s Dr. Max Answers Your Health Questions
- What To Do If Someone Isn’t Social Distancing Or Wearing A Mask?
- Expert: Parents Be Mindful Of Children’s Stress After Months Of Isolation
- Chopper 2 Over Empty NYC Streets, Landmarks
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
Meanwhile, another drug maker is pausing its trial of a potential coronavirus treatment.
Citing safety concerns, Eli Lilly says it’s halting its trial of an antibody treatment for two weeks.
The move comes after New Jersey-base Johnson & Johnson temporarily stopped its vaccine trial to investigate a volunteer’s unexplained illness.
You can get the latest news, sports and weather on our brand new CBS New York app. Download here.