NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — The steady rise in coronavirus numbers continues in the Tri-State Area and across the country.
In New York State, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced more than 6,000 new cases Saturday and 42 more deaths.
In New York City, the seven-day average infection rate rose again to 3.64%.
- Explanation Of N.Y.’s Yellow, Orange, Red Zones (.pdf)
- Health Experts Stress Need To Fight ‘Mask Exhaustion’
- Tri-State Area Coronavirus Travel Advisory List
- CBS2’s Dr. Max Answers Your Health Questions
- Resources: Unemployment, Hunger, Mental Health & More
- Remote Learning Tools For Parents Teaching At Home
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy called the state’s numbers alarming with another 3,900 positive cases and 24 deaths.
An employee in the New Jersey Department of Health Commissioner’s office was among those testing positive. The state health commissioner, Judith Persichilli, and other employees are self-quarantining out of an abundance of caution.
CORONAVIRUS: NY Health Dept. | NY Call 1-(888)-364-3065 | NYC Health Dept. | NYC Call 311, Text COVID to 692692 | NJ COVID-19 Info Hub | NJ Call 1-(800)-222-1222 or 211, Text NJCOVID to 898211 | CT Health Dept. | CT Call 211 | Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
While Connecticut doesn’t release numbers on the weekend, its daily positivity rate has been nearly 6% this week.
MORE FROM CBS NEW YORK