New Jersey health officials on Wednesday reported six new cases of the B17 variant from the United Kingdom, bringing the total in the state to eight, including one death, CBS2’s Natalie Duddridge reported.READ MORE: Gov. Cuomo Says He Will Not Resign Amid Sexual Harassment Allegations: 'I Never Touched Anyone Inappropriately'
“Ages of those affected range from 10 years of age, to 65,” state Health Commissioner Dr. Judy Persichilli said.
- New York State book online here or call 1-833-NYS-4-VAX
- New York City book online here or call 877-VAX-4NYC
- Nassau County more info here
- Suffolk County more info here
- Westchester County more info here
- New Jersey book online here or call 1-855-568-0545
- Connecticut book online here
Gov. Phil Murphy urged patience. As people worry about a vaccine shortage affecting first and second doses, President Joe Biden’s administration has boosted vaccine distribution by 16%.
“I believe it’s 130,000 for the next three weeks,” Murphy said.Road To Reopening: New York City Arts And Entertainment Venues Allowed To Reopen At 33% Capacity Beginning April 2
And there’s more good news. With 642,000 vaccinations so far statewide, there are now more shots in arms than confirmed positive COVID-19 cases.
- Ask CBS2’s Dr. Max Your Vaccine Questions
- COVID Vaccine FAQ From CDC
- Vaccination Sites In New York City | Call 877-VAX-4NYC
- Find A New York City Testing Site Near You
- Check NYC Testing Wait Times
- Explanation Of N.Y.’s Yellow, Orange, Red Zones (.pdf)
- Resources: Help With Unemployment, Hunger, Mental Health & More
- Remote Learning Tools For Students And Parents At Home
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
However, a handful of those early recipients may have jumped the line. The governor responded to a report on radio station 101.5 that said a hospital in Hunterdon County offered vaccines to big donors and their families weeks before opening eligibility to the general public.
“Hunterdon Medical Center, if that turns out to be the case, and they volitionally did that in the face of guidance that was crystal clear, that’s incredibly offensive. If people monkey around like that it’s going to impact the amount of doses that they are going to get going forward from us,” Murphy said.
Some counties have also begun giving vaccine priority to people who live there, though the governor said you can, technically, get your shot anywhere in the state if you have a valid appointment.
New Jersey is currently in Phase 1B of vaccination distribution, which means people 65 and older or people with high-risk medical conditions are eligible. That is in addition to health care workers and first responders.MORE NEWS: Caught On Camera: Asian Man Brutally Beaten At Lower East Side Subway Station
MORE FROM CBS NEW YORK
- California Man Accused Of Threatening Families Of Rep. Hakeem Jeffries, Journalist George Stephanopoulos
- New Jersey Community Raises Thousands For Postal Worker Who Lost Twin Sister, Mom To COVID-19 Within 2 Weeks
- Investigation Launched After Topless Photo Of Kellyanne Conway’s 16-Year-Old Daughter Appears On Twitter